To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Compromise

Cowboy Campmeeting, here we come. We're leaving tomorrow morning, cutting two days off the trip, which makes it feel doable and will keep me from being tempted to take Lance on the competitive trail ride. Friend Laura is going to drive up Friday morning so we can go on a ride together; I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully it will be a little cooler in the Ochoco mountains than it is here, but I'm not counting on it.

Lance and Ollie really don't seem bothered by our extreme heat, though. Even when they are resting, they stand in full sun rather than seeking out the available shade.

On Monday morning, I did indeed wake up early and get in a ride on Lance before work. He sounded phlegmy and coughed some, but danced nicely with me anyway . . . setting my world to rights. That should hold me until tomorrow....

1 comment:

emma said...

sounds like you've settled on a nice plan - have fun!