To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Consolation ride

This weekend was my local dressage chapter's annual show. I've been a competitor in it, on various horses, for most of its existence, so it makes me melancholy to go volunteer without any hope or expectation of getting to compete again. It was nice to connect with some of my horse friends and acquaintances today.

It was drizzly most of the day, but slowed down and stopped late in the afternoon. As I headed out to give my boy some exercise, some blue sky appeared. We warmed up in the arena, and then went down the gravel lane a little ways. I didn't notice any lameness until I asked for a little lateral work at the trot, so we didn't go very far or do very much. But we got some fresh air, Lance got some exercise, and I took some pretty pictures....



1 comment:

Kim said...

Your photos are always lovely Michelle. I hope you and Lance heal and play and work better every day. My he is a handsome boy, isn't he? Blessings to you and yours, Kim