To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, February 18, 2019

Doing what we can

I've looked over Second Level Test 2 and like I said, everything is within our current skill set. Whether or not we can do it all, one thing after another, without taking breaks to stretch or cough or catch our breath, remains to be seen, but we'll give it our best shot.
I KNOW you can do it, Lance!

In the meantime, I'm working towards making Lance look the part. I shaved his bridle path and the tufts of hair that stuck out of his ears, then I spent some time on his mane. The rubbed off lower section has finally grown back but is thin and unruly, probably from being under his high-necked turnout sheet. The upper section was long and thick and I've left it that way to give his neck more coverage against mosquitoes. Time to make him look more like a dressage mount than a neglected nag!
I'm not done yet, but it's definitely looking better. I also need to wash and trim his tail and legs/fetlocks. But that can wait for one of the rainy days forecast this week; today is for riding!