To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Back to the future

Today my friend Kate took delivery on her new horse, a four-year-old Welsh Cob named Dinah. I think I was as excited as she was!

Kate and I became friends nearly 24 years ago, shortly after we moved to Oregon. We lived near each other, both had horses, and spent countless hours riding together – in her little arena, on roads and trails near our homes, on the beach, and at clinics and horse shows. Then she sold all her "big" horses and got "little" horses – miniatures. While we've remained friends, I've missed my riding buddy. Turns out she's missed riding, too!

Kate's birthday is coming up, so for her birthday I want to take her and our horses to the beach where Rick took us for my birthday. I've already arranged for a sitter for December 8; now we just need the weather to cooperate!

6 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

What a beauty....

Theresa said...

Lovely and so glad you two can now continue your riding history together. Great horse name too BTW! Hope they become great partners.

Alanna M said...

Very cool! That's exciting for you and your friend.

Briana said...

Gorgeous horse! Hope your beach ride works out! :)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Wait, I thought she was getting a mustang? Or was that someone else?

Michelle said...

She is sweet, too, Lori!

I'm looking forward to it, Theresa. The mare's full name is My Sweet Dinah. ;-)

I thought you'd like her, Alanna!

Me, too, Briana!

Sara, I wanted her to get the mustang, but she had already set her mind on a Welsh Cob. The first one she found was sold before she could act, but this one is already started, so I think a better choice for her.