To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Taxes can wait...

…at least until the afternoon!
I got in a 20-minute ride Wednesday just before the skies opened up
Friday morning
I thought it was supposed to be sunny and beautiful all weekend, but it's clouding up and Weather.com tells me it may rain this afternoon. Guess I'd better get out there before I lose my "weather window"!

Before I rode on Friday I turned Lance loose to run and roll. He was crusty and smelly from laying in his pee spot, and I thought rolling in the sand might help. Wrong. The downpour on Wednesday floated all the organic matter to the top of the arena footing and Lance ended up plastered with sandy muck. The only thing to do was hose it off of him, and wait a couple hours while he (somewhat) dried.
A somewhat cleaner pony post-shower

The opening date for our first show of the year is this week, so I need to get my entry ready to mail on opening day!

No comments: