To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Dance like no one's watching

We got almost 6 inches of rain last week, but there were still opportunities to walk my fine steed around on our hill. I've been staying out of the arena because of the leaves, but Friday Brian wanted a job so I set him to it:
He did a GREAT job, too, raking most of them by hand when they proved too wet and heavy for the sweeper to collect. Now Lance and I have a good place to dance even in the dark. And now I have just the outfit for dancing in the dark....

I am blessed with an extremely generous blogpal, who always seems to think of me when she's clearing out her tackroom. Recently she asked me if I would be interested in a Cashel bareback pad. I replied, "Yes!" (I've been wanting a bareback pad for awhile, but not badly enough to go shopping.) It arrived on Thursday, so Thursday night I had to try it out. Very comfortable! Brian wanted to try it, too, which gave me a chance to snap a poor photo (LOOK at those long legs!):

But this wonderful pad was accompanied by other goodies, too. I was totally blown away by this gorgeous pair of breeches with full deerskin seat,

– and this crazy pair of fringed riding tights!
Oh my goodness; they are hilarious! I'm NOT a flamboyant person, so my guys may be the only people to see me in these, but who knows? Maybe someday I'll design a musical freestyle or costume class ride around them. Maybe to this song?


I think I need to find a black Sleezy for Lance, and stitch a big blue "S" on the chest!!!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Those blue fringed tights are pretty fun. Certainly worthy of at least one imaginative adventure I would think. I think we all need to dig out our old copies of Billy and Blaze and re-read them ;-)

Mary said...

Dare you to wear those fringies in the dressage warm up arena!
You have nice blogpals.

emma said...

ooooh those fringed pants are wild!