To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Getting ready to shine

Tonight I conditioned my show bridle and put on our fancy new browband with the green bling. This will be the first time we've gotten to use either bridle or browband, and I'm excited! Tomorrow after one last schooling session, I'll clean and polish the bit before completing the show bridle set-up, wipe down my Wintec saddle, and clean the girth. Lance himself will probably get by with just getting his legs and tail washed; I've already trimmed his bridle path, fetlocks, and shaggy chin.

Back to making sure I have both tests memorized!

3 comments:

emma said...

you guys are gonna look and do great! hope you have fun!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Looking good!

Theresa said...

Go get 'em! I'm sure you two will look quite well turned out!