To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Show prep

I didn't ride yesterday because of the all-day drizzle and sloppy arena, which was consternating considering our show is just two short weeks away. But really, I shouldn't be doing more and asking more than I usually do just because of an upcoming show. The adage "dance like nobody is watching" is so apropos here; I need to focus on the quality and connection I strive for every ride rather than on specific movements and the presence of a judge.

However, I did do a little show prep yesterday:

I hate pulling mane, so I'm going to work on it over time. Made some progress on that thick upper part last night, though!

Today is dry, so I'm heading out shortly to ride. Here's to dancing like no judge is watching! :-D

No comments: