To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, August 21, 2015

Committed

v:  Simple past tense and past participle of commit.
adj:  Obligated by a pledge to some course of action.
adj:  Consigned involuntarily to custody, as in a prison or mental institution.

Ha! Yesterday I mailed off our entry for the State Fair Mustang Show, so we're committed – or I should be! Lance and I are going to play at Trail, English Pleasure, Dressage Suitability, "Dressage" – whatever they mean by that . . . and Liberty! (Why not? He's has a pretty reliable recall, likes to play, and my friend Kate has a lot of liberty music from showing miniature horses.)

I haven't had the time or arena footing to do anything but ride around on our hill, so what we do in Salem on September 2 will simply be a demonstration of our relationship and training together to date. I'm just going to clean my tack, give Lance a bath, ignore his rubbed mane and tail, and be prepared to laugh at our mistakes and have fun with other horsefolk. If that includes any of my blogpals, even better! We'll be showing out of my trailer to save a little $ and for a little more bio-security, so you can look for us in the arena or at the red Ford F250 with the white Logan three-horse trailer.

5 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Have fun :-D

Anonymous said...

What's the expected time of your showing? I'm scheduled to demonstrate spinning from 3 - 8pm that same day so I'd love to see you and Lance play, er, perform. :)

Michelle said...

That's the goal, Sara!

Michelle said...

Hey Wanda, I was hoping I might see you there! It looks like all our classes are in the period that starts at 11 am, and the period that starts at 3 pm. I'll email you the .pdf with the schedule, and you can reference the classes listed above that I entered.

A :-) said...

Oh YAY!!! I'm so glad you're going to show with Lance. I just know you guys will do great :-)