To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Friday, August 14, 2015

Into the woods

Don't worry; I'm not as fixated on Broadway musicals or Bernadette Peters as it may seem, even if my dancing partner does have red hair and a fine voice. ;-)

This morning I had a brief window of time so Lance and I headed into the woods to enjoy that newly available trail again.

So nice to know those signs don't apply to us!

There was plenty to look at: a doe with twins;

a big flock of California quail; a different quality in the light indicating that summer is indeed waning.

Late this afternoon we had a brief shower. I don't know that it was enough to make my arena ridable, but at least it rinsed off the leaves and freshened the atmosphere. Blessings!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Pretty trail and very inviting!