To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Just in time

We received at least an inch of rain this weekend; hallelujah! Besides all the obvious reasons to celebrate, I had two more. When I rode around the hill on Friday, I noticed that propane cannon had been set up in the vineyards we've been riding through. While I haven't heard any go off yet, Lance and I will be avoiding the area until the "grape wars" (otherwise known as harvest) are over; good thing my sand arena got watered! We took advantage of that this afternoon – just in time to help us better prepare for our show this Wednesday.  :-)

2 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

The what? How does that work?

Michelle said...

Check them out at this link, Sara:
http://www.reedjoseph.com/lp_gas_cannons.htm

They are used to protect the ripening grapes from marauding birds, along with other kinds of noise-makers, some of which play distress calls from birds and deer. It all causes a terrible racket for awhile, which is why I call it the "grape wars."