To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Joining the injured list

Well, if I can't ride Lance, I guess this is about as good a time as any to be on "stall rest" myself.

Long story short. Right knee has been bothering me in varying degree for months; lately it's gotten more painful. Yesterday morning it hurt a LOT but was somewhat better this morning – until I tripped over one of my son's toys. I couldn't get back in the house without help. :-(


DH and his trusty assistant looked inside my knee with ultrasound and saw lots of swelling, an ugly lateral collateral ligament, and a suspicious meniscus. After consulting with Rick's BIL, an orthopedic surgeon, I am on R.I.C.E. (Rest, Ice, Compression & Elevation) and crutches for a week, after which we will evaluate to determine whether or not to see a local doctor (unfortunately, my BIL isn't). Hopefully I'll know by the closing date of March 26 whether or not I'll be able to show next month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bummer! Take it as easy as possible.

Theresa said...

Well, if it had to happen I guess while Lance the wonder horse is laid up is just as good a time as any, but what a bummer!

Laura said...

Well, darn. Hope you heal quickly! After my knees, a therapist I saw recommended MSM cream (from Vitamin World). It did make things feel better!