To ride dressage is to dance with your horse, equal partners in the delicate and sometimes difficult work of creating harmony and beauty.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Quitting crutches

I've ditched the crutches (with approval), and am now waiting for Rick to recheck Lance's leg. Crossing fingers and toes that we're both removed from the injured list this week! (Okay, my knee is not 100%, but it won't stop me if I can help it.)

Yesterday (my first day without crutches) I hand-walked Lance around our arena. He was SO full of himself, but minded his manners and was very good. Today I pulled his sheet off and gave him a good grooming with the stiff rubber fingers followed by the brush; took care of some itches and got some winter hair off. It's so nice to be able to spend some time with my horse again!

2 comments:

Laura said...

The old saw is true - the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a person!

Mary said...

Michelle, your injury sounds like what I have been recovering from...hope you mend quickly.